The Indiana Space Grant Consortium is pleased to announce the INSGC Graduate Fellowships for the academic session 2022-2023.
NASA initiated the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program in 1989. The Space Grant national network includes over 850 affiliates from universities, colleges, industry, museums, science centers, and state and local agencies.
Wonderful opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
These institutions are working to expand opportunities for Americans to learn about and participate in NASA’s aeronautics and space projects by supporting and enhancing science and engineering education, research, and public outreach efforts.
- Students in good standing at INSGC affiliate institutions
- US Citizens
- Involved in STEM-related research or STEM education project
How to Apply
Doctoral fellowship awards based in part on project proposals (may include dissertation research activity) submitted with the application. Masters fellowship awards are based on application only and do not require proposals.
- Student information
- Educational information, including institution(s), attended, major, degree objective, expected date of graduation
- unofficial transcript
- professional resume (maximum two pages)
- importance of STEM education and a STEM major in the student’s education plans, including the importance of the INSGC funds in enabling the student to pursue a STEM discipline, and one of the two following questions:
- What is the impact of the Space Program on your life?
- What is the impact of science/mathematics/engineering/technology on your life?
- Honours and Societies: any student honours, awards, or society memberships
- The letters:
- should discuss why you should be considered for an INSGC award,
- should indicate the professional relationship the writer has with you and may come from any non-relative who can endorse your application and is familiar with your strengths.
- For Doctoral Fellowship applications, one letter may come from anyone familiar with the student’s progress and the other must come from the student’s advisor/mentor. This letter should discuss the mentor’s knowledge of the student’s ability to successfully participate in the project.
- Masters Fellowships: $6,000-$8,000
- Doctoral Fellowships: $12,000 – $20,000
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is January 28, 2022