With an aim to recognize high academic achievement and ambition, the University of Exeter is awarding the Institute of Arab & Islamic Studies Masters Excellence International Scholarships to students for the scholastic year 2023-2024.
A total of three students will be awarded this scholarship, among which one of them will also be awarded a maintenance grant. The applicants must have applied to an eligible MA programme and hold admission offers for the same to be considered.
A fine opportunity for international students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Exeter is a public research university in Exeter, United Kingdom. The university’s highlighted purpose is to use the power of its education and research to create a sustainable, healthy and socially just future.
Why choose to study at the University of Exeter? The University of Exeter is world-renowned for its combination of teaching excellence and high levels of student satisfaction with world-class research. The university is a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities, the success of which is built on a strong partnership with its students and a clear focus on high performance.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th April 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Exeter
- Department: Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: £22,500
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: International students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MA Advanced Arabic, MA Gender Studies (Middle East and Islamic World), MA Gulf Studies, MA International Relations and Arabic, MA Islamic Studies, MA Kurdish Studies, MA Middle East Studies, MA Middle East Politics, MA Middle East Politics and Arabic, MA Middle East Politics and International Relations, or MA Palestine Studies offered at the University of Exeter can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must already hold an offer to study an eligible Masters programme in the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit an application for their preferred master’s programme via the university portal. Students interested in the scholarship are required to submit a scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A letter of reference supporting your academic ability (you are required to provide the actual reference rather than just contact details).
- A copy of your CV.
- Transcript(s) detailing grades and content from your previous qualification(s).
- A covering letter of no more than 300 words responding to the following questions:
- What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
- What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
- What would being awarded an Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
- As an Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies Masters Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the academic requirement of the course they want to join at Exeter, ideally a relevant bachelor’s degree qualification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
The University of Exeter will award the selected candidates the fowling benefits:
- Two scholarships of the full tuition fee of £22,500 plus maintenance of £17,000
- One scholarship of full fee waiver of £22,500 (1 award) without maintenance