Intel India Embedded Challenge 2011 – An Embedded design contest for students, interested individuals & entrepreneurs from all over India
Study Subject: Architect, design and develop novel embedded applications in areas such as ? Consumer Electronics, Digital Security Surveillance, Medical, Storage & others.
Employer: Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
Description: Intel Higher Education Program, in collaboration with Embedded and Communication Group (ECG) of Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd., proudly presents the Intel India Embedded Challenge 2011 – An Embedded design contest for students, interested individuals & entrepreneurs from all over India. This contest has been put forward to inspire the vast technically savvy community in India to architect, design and develop novel embedded applications in areas such as ? Consumer Electronics, Digital Security Surveillance, Medical, Storage & others. Intel India Embedded Challenge 2010 was very successful, click here to visit the photo gallery of Intel IEC 2010 and read the full report.
User Review( votes)
The Proposed designs must be based on Intel® Atom? Processors for embedded computing. The Intel IEC 2011 has two main categories
1. Embedded Geeks Category: Involves development of a prototype using Intel Atom Processor, shortlisted participants in this category will be given Intel Atom Kit and mentoring support for prototyping their innovation
2. Embedded Solutions for Social Cause Category: Involves making use of existing technologies to show a service/usage models in wide range of application or service areas. This category is open to non-engineering segments also, for example of service models/usage models
As a first step, a team of participants consisting of 1-2 individuals must submit the idea/abstract with as much details as possible. Based on the abstract, evaluators will shortlist projects. Once shortlisted, the participating team will be required to submit a detailed abstract. Based on the abstract, the evaluators will shortlist the projects to be considered as finalists.
-The contest is open to Residents of India.
Prizes & Awards
1. Intel Innovation Grand Prize: Rs.10,00,000/-* (to be given as seed funding), one prize from any of the 7 categories
2. Rs.50,000/- Cash prize for best innovation in each of the 7 categories
3. Gold medals from Intel for all finalists
4. Direct entry for all winners to participate in The Next Big Idea – a Technology Entrepreneurship contest jointly conducted by Intel, Department of Science and Technology and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
– Participants consisting of 1-2 individuals can take part in the contest.
The shortlisted finalists will get one of the Intel hardware platforms free of cost based on evaluation by Intel. They can then continue to work on their prototype for the final contest. Intel India will also offer guidance and help when required by assigning mentors for the projects.
The Intellectual Property (IP) rights will remain solely with the participants, with Intel having rights to publish the contest details. It is recommended that the participants take appropriate steps to protect their IP rights. Intel will not be responsible for misuse/loss of IP rights that may arise due to this contest.
Application Deadline: January 10 , 2011