The Graduate School of Philosophy at the University of Groningen has established the Interfaculty PhD Scholarships. The applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
The successful candidate is committed to conducting independent and original scientific research, reporting on this research in international publications and presentations, and submitting a PhD dissertation. The project will be supervised by the Faculty of Arts, Philosophy, Science, and Engineering.
Amazing opportunity for international students in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen in the Netherlands is a public research institution ranked 88th by Best Global Universities and 79th by Times Higher Education. The University’s mission is to procure and connect students, academics, and professionals so that they can collaborate to recognize regional, national, and international economic and business concerns.
Why study at the University of Groningen? GU provides opportunities for environmental education in the real world. Students practice transcribing and analyzing language and understanding and criticizing theories and concepts. The University of Groningen provides candidates with authentic environmental learning experiences.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday 6 June, 11:59 p.m., 2022, Dutch local time (CET).
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: Graduate School of Philosophy
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition-fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Philosophy offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Experience with at least two of the following four research domains: (1) computational cognitive modelling, (2) psycholinguistic experimentation, (3) dynamic epistemic logic, and (4) language development.
- Proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this opportunity, applicants need to take admission to PhD degree programme at the University. The PhD Scholarship application can be made separately online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the University:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and describing your motivation to conduct scientific research.
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
- A certified copy or scan of your MSc or MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record, including a list of grades and names and contact details of two academic references. Applicants who have not obtained their MSc or MA diploma yet but expect to graduate before September 2022 can also apply.
- A short research proposal (1-2 pages) presenting your ideas and suggestions with the described research project.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a required master’s degree in artificial intelligence, logic, philosophy, linguistics, or a related discipline, with an excellent academic record (GPA: min. 8/10; MA thesis: min. 8/10). A Research Master’s or other two-year Master’s programme is preferred.
- Language Requirement: Students must have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The candidates selected by the University of Groningen will provide tuition fees for the PhD students.