To attract students to pursue full-time studies in Belgium, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel is eagerly awaiting applications for its Postdoctoral Positions in Colonial and Construction History. The applications are now open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The post-doc research project within this proposed dialogue between colonial history and construction history will investigate buildings, first through the assembly of their constituent materials, a perspective in line with a recent plea to consider new material histories of architecture and its related ecologies, and, second, through the division of labour involved.
Wonderful opportunity for students in the Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a variant of the French-speaking Universite Libre de Bruxelles, founded in 1834 by Pierre-Theodore Verhaegen, a Brussels lawyer of Flemish origin. According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, it is ranked 201st. It offers various degree-level programmes.
Why study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel? Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a university with an international perspective located in Brussels, the heart of Europe. As an innovative, free-thinking, and critical-thinking university, VUB has contributed to a better society.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 30 June 2022.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Department: Architectural Engineering or Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Architectural Engineering, architecture, or History.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Fluent passive knowledge of both Dutch and French. Attention: this is a binding requirement as it is necessary for archival research
- A passion for archival research
- Willingness to do (and preferable experience with) fieldwork in (Central-)Africa
- Good editing skills, to be demonstrated by a sample of writing: your best research text and a chapter of the PhD (in Dutch, French, or English)
- Good competencies in teamwork and good social skills.
- An interest in participating in international congresses.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: They must enroll themselves in the university application portal and complete the application process.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a CV, letter of motivation, and the highest degree they’ve attained
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with outstanding academic achievement for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a B2 level in English.
- The University will offer a contract, for an assignment of 1 FTE, for 12 months, with a planned starting date of 01/10/2022.
- You’ll receive a salary linked to one of the scales set by the government.
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB-policy, or compensation if you come by bike;
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance;
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN;
- Excellent facilities for sport and exercise;
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants;
- An open, family-friendly work environment pays attention to work-life balance and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract).