The Sunway International School is inviting applications for Academic Scholarships. The funding program is open for the academic year 2023-2024.
These scholarships are available to full-time Malaysian and International students who have completed their primary school education and applying for admission into Grade 7 for the January intake every year.
Amazing opportunity for students in Malaysia.
User Review( votes)
The SIS Academic, Music & Sports, and IBDP Entrance Scholarships are offered as an incentive to encourage our students to continue pursuing their passions; be it in sport, music, and dance, or striving for greater heights in academic standard.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for admissions into Grade 7.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Sport, Music, and Dance.
- Award: The award of scholarship takes the form of a 25% waiver on tuition fee only. The scholarship is not a cash award.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Malaysian and International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to both Malaysian and International student applicants.
- Entrance Requirements: Full-time Malaysian and International students who have completed their primary school education and applying for admission into Grade 7 for the January intake every year.
- New admissions into Grade 7 (Applicable to January intake only)
- Must fulfil the academic requirements as follows:
- Malaysian Curriculum – 6As from the Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) inclusive:
- English (Comprehension and Writing), Mathematics, Science; AND
- Bahasa Malaysia (Comprehension and Writing) OR Mandarin Language (Comprehension and Writing) OR Tamil Language (Comprehension and Writing).
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the respective Scholarship Application Form and submit it along with the following documents to the SIS Admissions and Administration Office by the deadlines indicated below:
Certified true copies of academic results:
Malaysian curriculum – Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) result
International curriculum – Latest/Current Year externally marked achievement tests and certification at the end of Grade 6 or equivalent (eg. Cambridge Checkpoint)
- Supporting Documents: International or Other Curriculum: As in ALL subjects (Applicable to externally marked achievement test and certification at the end of Grade 6 or equivalent)
Open to both Malaysian and International student applicants
- Letter of recommendation from latest/current school’s principal to verify student’s good behavioural record, having not come under school-wide disciplinary action during his/her school years.
All documents relevant to the scholarship must be endorsed by parents and/or relevant authorities.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.