The Sunway International School is inviting applications for Academic Scholarships. These scholarships are available to full-time Malaysian and International students who have completed their primary school education and applying for admission into Grade 7 for the January intake every year.
The SIS Academic, Music & Sports, and IBDP Entrance Scholarships are offered as an incentive to encourage our students to continue pursuing their passions; be it in sport, music and dance, or striving for greater heights in academic standard.
Course Level: Scholarships for available for admissions into Grade 7.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of sport, music and dance.
Scholarship Award: The award of scholarship takes the form of a 25% waiver on tuition fee only. The scholarship is not a cash award.
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility: Full-time Malaysian and International students who have completed their primary school education and applying for admission into Grade 7 for the January intake every year.
- New admissions into Grade 7 (Applicable to January intake only)
- Must fulfil the academic requirements as follows:
- Malaysian Curriculum – 6As from the Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) inclusive:
- English (Comprehension and Writing), Mathematics, Science; AND
- Bahasa Malaysia (Comprehension and Writing) OR Mandarin Language (Comprehension and Writing) OR
- Tamil Language (Comprehension and Writing)
- International or Other Curriculum: As in ALL subjects (Applicable to externally marked achievement test and certification at the end of Grade 6 or equivalent)
- Open to both Malaysian and International student applicants
- All documents relevant to the scholarship must be endorsed by parents and/or relevant authorities.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to both Malaysian and International student applicants.
College Admission Requirement
- SIS welcomes students who have completed at least 6 years of primary to apply for admission into Grade 7. For Grades 8 to 11, students would be expected to show documentation indicating successful completion of the most recent level to apply for the next progressive grade. This will be determined at the initial stage via a review of the applicant’s most recent 3 years’ final report card/academic results on submission of the application documents.
- Applicants must fulfil the Application procedures that include writing a Readiness Assessment in English and Mathematics. Applicants are expected to meet the minimum requirements in these competencies, to gauge their eligibility for the academic expectations of the grade.
- As a general rule, SIS will consider an applicant’s age at point of commencement when considering an applicant’s eligibility for the grade applied. In the event of exceptions, the application would be reviewed by the Principal’s Office on a case-by-case basis. Where necessary, an interview may be conducted if required to confirm the grade placement. While for IBDP applications, all students will be required to sit for the interview(s).
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete the respective Scholarship Application Form and submit it along with the following documents to the SIS Admissions and Administration Office by the deadlines indicated below:
- Certified true copies of academic results:
- Malaysian curriculum – Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) result
- International curriculum – Latest/Current Year externally marked achievement tests and certification at the end of Grade 6 or equivalent (eg. Cambridge Checkpoint)
- Letter of recommendation from latest/current school’s principal to verify student’s good behavioural record, having not come under school-wide disciplinary action during his/her school years.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application closing date is December 1, 2017, for subsequent January intake.