International Accelerated Degree Program The studentships are now open at the Arizona State University. The studentships are awarded to the students of Ghana and Africa and cover financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
The goal of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is to raise transformative leaders to influence change on the African Continent.
User Review( votes)
Arizona State University is a public metropolitan research university on five campuses across the Phoenix metropolitan area, and four regional learning centres throughout Arizona.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application deadline: November 17, 2017
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing International Accelerated Degree Programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: the program includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled in an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies.
Nationality: Ghana and Africa
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligible Countries: Ghanaian and African students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: For the 2018/2019 Academic Year Application,
- All applicants must be in one of the following programs of study; Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Human Resource Management and Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Second Class Upper Division.
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
1. Attach a copy of your updated academic transcript to this application form.
2. Provide a minimum of three (3) reference letters signed and sealed independently by a person of
3. Provide evidence of the income of parents/guardian. Eg. Copies of the payslips of your
parents/guardian. (if applicable)
4. Attach any other relevant documents that you believe will support your application.
5. Completed application forms should be delivered in person to the Mastercard Secretariat at the
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
How to Apply:
Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form. Submit the completed application form by hand.