The new International Ambassadors Scholarships is available on offer within the School of Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle University in the UK. International Ambassador Scholarships are awarded annually on a competitive basis to excellent students.
The School of Biomedical Sciences is part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences. They are located in the Medical School building (location 60 on the campus map). Newcastle upon Tyne is world famous for its warm and welcoming attitude. It’s a great place to be a student, and is ranked 7th overall for student experience (The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018).
Newcastle University (officially, the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England.
Students need a good level of English language to study at Newcastle University. English will be the main language you use socially and for study. If English is not their first language they will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification.
- Applications Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded at the School of Biomedical Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Apply to be an International Ambassador and receive up to £3000 (£1000 per year of study) towards your tuition fees.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply for this award you must:
Be an international student
Have been offered a place on an undergraduate degree programme by the School of Biomedical Sciences
Have already accepted or will accept Newcastle University as your first choice university (firm choice with UCAS)
Have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
Agree to do duties as an International Ambassador (see above)
Eligible programmes include B100, B210, B900, B901, B902, B903, B940, B942, C700, C701, B4D6, B46D, BD46, BD64, and C600.
- English Language Requirements: Students need a good level of English language to study at Newcastle University. English will be the main language you use socially and for study. If English is not their first language they will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification.
How to Apply: Write a short essay of max. 700 words explaining why you have chosen your particular degree subject.
Send your essay to Karen Griffiths by email or post: