The University of Waikato is calling applications from students to apply for Wattbike International Doctoral Research Award. The support will support one Doctoral Candidate while they undertake Doctoral Research within the Faculty of Health, Sport and Human Performance (FHSHP) at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand established in 1964, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. The University of Waikato is committed to strengthening partnerships with other organisations through research and study opportunities.
User Review( votes)
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: July 6, 2018
- Course Level: Awards are available to pursue doctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Awards are awarded in the fields of Health, Sport & Human Performance.
- Scholarship Award: A stipend of up to $20,000 per annum for up to three years.
- Nationality: The grant is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Number of Scholarships: One award is on offer in 2018 and is funded by Wattbike International.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The grant is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1.1. The grant is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
1.2. The support will be awarded on academic merit. A minimum grade average of A- for the previous two years of full-time study (or equivalent, if part-time) is expected for eligibility. Other factors that will be taken into consideration include: references, prior research, work experience, and publications.
1.3. Candidates must demonstrate how their intended research will support Wattbike International to understand the most efficient and effective methods to maximise adaptations in health, fitness and performance.
1.4. Preference will be given to candidates who have already completed the entry qualifications for doctoral study. Candidates already enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato may apply. However, the Selection Panel will favour applications from new doctoral students.
1.5. The offer of this application may only be taken up by a candidate who has formally completed the entry qualifications for, and enrolled full-time in, doctoral study at the University of Waikato.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted on the prescribed online form and must include:
2.2.1. A two-page personal statement that briefly presents:
- An outline of prior research qualifications, experience and publications
- A summary of any past or present work/employment of relevance to this application
- How the proposed research will align with furthering Wattbike International’s understanding of effective and efficient methods to maximise adaptations to health, fitness and performance.
2.2.2. Two academic references, one of which must be from either the proposed Chief Supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution at which you obtained the qualification that defines your eligibility to enter the doctoral programme.
2.2.3. Verified copies of academic transcripts from any tertiary institutions (other than the University of Waikato) you have attended (if applicable).