The Dominican University of California is inviting applications for International merit awards. These opportunities are available for pursuing undergraduate degree programme.
The Dominican University of California is a private, not-for-profit, coeducational university located in San Rafael, California. It was founded in 1890 as Dominican College by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
|Trustee Scholarship||$12,000 per year||Minimum 3.50|
|Presidential Scholarship||$10,000 per year||3.00 – 3.49|
|Deans Scholarship||$8,000 per year||2.50 – 2.99|
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain eligibility:
- Trustee Scholarship: minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Presidential Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Deans Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
In addition to meeting the minimum cumulative GPA, to maintain Institutional aid eligibility, students must also meet Federal SAP eligibility; if the student is enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 12 of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term, or if the student is not enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 75% of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Test Requirement: Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores is required.
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Admitted full-time freshman and transfer students on Visa with foreign transcripts are automatically considered for the following renewable financial aids. A separate application is not required.
- Dominican University of California Online Application or Common Application
2. 500-word typed Essay as described in the application on one of the following topics:
- Describe a family, cultural, or personal tradition that is meaningful to you. Explain why.
- If you could spend a day with anyone (living, deceased or imaginary), who would it be and why?
- Required for all Nursing and Health Science (Pre-OT) applicants: Tell us why you would like to major in nursing or occupational therapy and what contributions you see yourself making to the profession. Please include any past work (paid or volunteer) experience in health care, education or social services.
- Updated, official high school transcript (six semesters minimum);
4. One recommendation from school faculty, administrator, and/or a counselor. Applicants who have been out of school for more than two years may submit a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague;
5. Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.