The University of Copenhagen is providing the International PhD Fellowship in Climate Science with the goal of rewarding talented and deserving students.
The main objective of this fellowship is to assist talented students who want to undertake a PhD degree in the Faculty of Science for the academic year 2022/2023.
Nice chance for international students in Denmark
User Review( votes)
Copenhagen University is a public research university. It is one of Copenhagen’s best public institutions, and it is placed 76th in the QS Global World Rankings 2021. Its objective is to provide internationally renowned teaching and research that will enable Denmark to become a world leader in IT value creation.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen is the largest educational institution in Denmark with an international environment. The university offers the students assistance with admission, housing, student counselling etc., and offers orientation programmes, including various social events. Students are taught to take a critical and independent approach to their studies.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: DKK 27,871.40 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programmes in the field of Climate Science
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the regular PhD programme, you must have completed a degree program, equivalent to a Danish master’s degree (180 ECTS/3 FTE BSc + 120 ECTS/2 FTE MSc) related to the subject area of the project, e.g. geophysics, environmental sciences, physics or engineering.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply to the university through its online platform by creating an account and completing the application process. The students are required to apply for the fellowship separately by filling the application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page)
- Your motivation for applying for the specific PhD project
- Curriculum vitae including information about your education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- Original diplomas for Bachelor of Science or Master of Science and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in another language than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted.
- Publication list (if possible)
- Reference letters (if available)
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold qualifications corresponding to a master’s degree related to the subject area of the project to secure admission.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
The successful scholar will receive a salary range starts at DKK 27,871.40 per month incl. PhD supplement (1 Oct. 2021 level).