Highly skilled aspirants from all around the world are invited to apply for a 4 year PhD position in the project “LIMES – the hardening and softening of borders”. This funding program is offered by Maastricht University.
The main purpose of this award is to support motivated students of high calibre to pursue PhD research at the university for the session 2020/21.
Acceptable option to get fund for PhD research in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1976, Maastricht University is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Why at Maastricht University? The university offers career counselling, internships, and practice-based learning environments, giving them ample opportunity to develop employability competencies.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2020
- University: Maastricht University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2.972
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from all over the globe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A (Research) Master degree in History or a related field;
– Excellent (passive) knowledge of Dutch and of German;
– Outstanding writing skills;
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before applying for the opportunity, you have to take admission in a doctoral degree at the Maastricht University.
- Supporting Documents: For being eligible for this application, applicants have to offer one or two page CV, degree transcript, and a copy of an identity document.
- Admission Requirements: For taking the advantage of this fellowship the scholars must have a master’s.
- Language Requirement: For applicants who neither are native speakers of English nor followed an English taught BA/BSc and MA/MSc, the PO accepts certificates from:
- IELTS test: minimum score overall 7.0 and writing minimum score of 6.5
- TOEFL test: overall, internet-based minimum score 100 and writing minimum score 25
- TOEFL test: overall, paper-based minimum score of 600
- TOEFL test: overall, computer-based minimum score of 250
- A Cambridge certificate: C or higher for the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
The university will provide salary with the according to standard salary levels for PhD students starting with a salary of € 2.325, with a yearly growth to € 2.972, – gross a month in year 4 (based on a full-time appointment.)