Do you want to advance your geographical knowledge and skills? If yes, then go ahead apply for the PhD Position offered by the University of Tartu. The grant is open for the session 2020/21.
The main purpose of this program is to provide financial support for international students who are going to undertake 4 years PhD degree program in Geography at UT in Estonia.
Beneficial offer for international students to get study fund in Estonia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Tartu is Estonia‡s leading centre of research and training. It preserves the culture of the Estonian people and spearheads the country‡s reputation in research and provision of higher education.
Why study at the University of Tartu? While studying at UT, students will be engaged in programmes of learning that develop geographic skills. Here candidates can get the chance to achieve their aspirations and to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
- University: University of Tartu
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 1060 EUR per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Given
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Estonia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Geography
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must have a master‡s degree in geo-information or wider technical and natural sciences (GIS, geoinformatics, GI Science, remote sensing, Earth Observation, computer sciences, physics) and wider interest about contemporary human-environmental relations.
- The ideal candidate has proven experience in following essential skills:
- Optical remote sensing and image classification, preferably with the ESA SNAP toolbox
- Spatial analysis and GIS, comfortable with QGIS or ArcGIS
- Scripting of workflows and data analysis with Python or R
- Confidence in the English language spoken and written.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity, applicants need to take part in a PhD degree at UT. After being enrolled, applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit an official copy of the diploma and diploma supplement (transcript/mark sheet), copy of the passport, and curriculum vitae (relevant form CV).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The winners will receive an award amount of 660 Euros per month plus an additional performance stipend of 400 Euros per month in total 1060 EUR per month tax-free payments. Living costs in Estonia are very reasonable and the allowance can cover your living costs.