The Department of Nutrition at the University of Oslo is seeking high-potential candidates to apply for the PhD Position in Nutritional Epidemiology in Norway.
This award aims to attract international candidates who want to pursue the PhD degree coursework at the University of Oslo for the academic session 2020/21.
The award includes exciting benefits that will enhance the university learning experience.
User Review( votes)
The University of Oslo is the oldest research institution that was founded in 1811, offering a broad range of courses, training and research degree programs. It has approximately 27,700 students and employs around 6,000 people.
Why study at the University of Oslo? By joining this university, candidates have the opportunity to advance your international career as part of a world-class research team. Here students will gain an excellent lecture and university library facilities.
Application Deadline: 5th July 2020
- University: University of Oslo
- Department: Department of Nutrition
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary NOK 479 600 – 523 200
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Norway
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Nutritional Epidemiology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Master‡s degree (120 ECTS) minimum grade B (ECTS grading scale) or equivalent in nutrition, epidemiology, medicine or public health. The Master‡s degree must include a thesis of at least 30 ECTS.
- Strong interest in nutritional epidemiology
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with epidemiological and statistical analyses. Experience in handling large datasets and scientific writing would be advantageous.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably a Scandinavian language
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the application with attachments must be delivered in their electronic recruiting system, please follow the link online form. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University‡s grading system.
- Supporting Documents: Cover letter, CV, copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only), a complete list of publications, and list of 2-3 references must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: Taking admission for the program, applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have Excellent English interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
The University of Oslo will provide all the following expenses:
- Salary NOK 479 600 – 523 200 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow (position code 1017)
- Dedicated supervision on a highly relevant research project
- A friendly, professional and stimulating working environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo‡s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities