The Chalmers University of Technology is encouraging international students to become a part of the International PhD Position in Timber Structures. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The project aims to develop design guidance of timber structures which are adaptable to changes of usage and to local damages on structural elements by introducing the concept of Design for Adaption (DfA).
Nice offer for overseas students
User Review( votes)
Chalmers Institution of Technology is a Gothenburg-based Swedish university that focuses on technology, natural science, architectural, maritime, and other management-related research and education.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? The Chalmers University of Technology is a global research institute that is contributing to a more sustainable future. Students at Chalmers learn to think independently and use engineering methods to meet future difficulties.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 9th January 2022.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: International and students from Sweden are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD position at the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering at Chalmers
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You have good knowledge of structural engineering and enjoy both experimental and analytical work. Furthermore, you have some knowledge, courses and/or a Master thesis project in timber engineering, wood materials science, Life-cycle engineering, finite element analysis, programming (e.g. Matlab and/or Python), simulation and computational methods, or other areas of direct relevance for the research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students that are interested to apply for this position are first required to submit an admission application via the univeristy admissions portal. After that, they can complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal letter
- Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an excellent command of spoken and written English and have good presentation and collaborative skills.
The selected candidates will be provided full-time employment, with a monthly salary paid at Chalmers for a maximum of two years (1+1) at the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering.