The University of Twente is now accepting applications for the International PhD Positions in Energy Hubs for Integration of Large-Scale Renewable Energy. This study program is open for the academic session 2022/2023.
The scholarship is full-time for four years available to both domestic and international applicants who are commencing a PhD degree program at the university.
This fantastic funding scheme will help you ease the significant financial burdens.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1961, the University of Twente is a well-known research university located in the Netherlands. It was ranked in the top 400 universities in the world, and it offers various degree programs.
Why would you like to study at the University of Twente? The dynamic and open culture at Umea University fosters high-quality education and research with the goal of enhancing people’s knowledge, skills, and sense of responsibility regarding societal challenges and the significance of sustainable development through interaction with the surrounding community.
Application Deadline: The last date to enter the particular scholarship is 14 August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,541 – € 3,247
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International and Domestic students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in Energy Hubs for Integration of Large-Scale Renewable Energy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You hold an MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sustainable Energy Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or in a field that is closely related to this position.
- You are eager to learn about modelling and analysis of energy systems, renewable power generation, and energy conversion and storage technologies;
- You are eager to learn about smart energy systems including different energy carriers such as heat, electricity, gas and fuel.
- You are eager to learn about working with simulation software packages and relevant application toolbox, preferably in MATLAB/SIMULINK/ Python for the simulation of supply and demand in sustainable energy systems over time.
- Your writing skills are good.
- You are a creative person that shows initiative with a hands-on mentality.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must have to take admission in a PhD degree programme at the University of Twente. In order to apply for the opportunity, they must upload their CV. For additional information on this position, please contact Assistant Professor Rúben Gouveia at r.h.gouveia-at-utwente.nl.
- Supporting Documents: Application should include: a) a motivation letter of at most an A4 page, explaining specific interests, the motivation for the application, and why you qualify for this project; b) a detailed CV, summarizing your education, previous work experience and contact details of at least 2 referees; c) a list of all courses attended and grades acquired during your MSc and BSc courses.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in spoken and written English.
The University of Twente will provide the following benefits:
- They offer you a PhD position in a challenging multidisciplinary project. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues and contacts with industry and society
- A four-year full-time PhD position
- You will be part of a dedicated team with which you will collaborate extensively with industry
- A gross salary between € 2.541 and € 3.247 per month
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.