The Department of Physics is offering an International Postdoctoral Scholarship within the project on Experimental Physics at Umea University. The scholarship is full-time for two years with the start of October 1, 2022.
This scholarship programme is open to students from all around the world who want to pursue a postdoctoral degree at the university. The student position is designed for the academic year 2022-2023.
A fine chance for applicants in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1965, Umea University offers 1,800 courses and 150 academic programmes. The university contains 36 departments, more than 20 research institutes, four faculties, and eight campus schools. It employs almost 4,000 people, including 310 professors, half of whom work as teachers or researchers.
Why study at Umea University? As a doctorate student, researcher, or employee at Ume University, you have a lot of options to enhance your career. Their intention is to give you the impression that you can flourish and advance in a workplace that values effective leadership, engagement, candour, gender equality, and diversity.
Application Deadline: The scholarship deadline is 15 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Award: 312 000 SEK per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral scholarship in the Experimental Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To qualify as a postdoctoral scholarship holder, the postdoctoral fellow is required to have completed a doctoral degree in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- High level of written and spoken English is a requirement.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take part in this educational program, seekers are advised to be registered as a postdoctoral degree student before the application deadline. After being accepted, claimants can send their award applications with reference number 2.1.6-869-22, both in the file name and in the subject field of the email, to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the cover letter with summary of research interests and motivation.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with publication list,
- Verified copy of doctoral degree certificate or documentation that clarifies when the degree of doctor is expected to be obtained,
- Verified copies of other diplomas, list of completed academic courses and grades,
- Copy of doctoral thesis and maximum 5 of most relevant publications.
- Other documents that the applicant wishes to enclose.
- Contact information of two persons willing to act as references.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, seekers are needed to hold their bachelor and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades in the relevant subject area.
- Language Requirements: If English isn’t your first language they have a range of courses to help you improve your English language skills.
The stipend is financed by the Kempe Foundations and it amounts to 312 000 SEK per year (the stipend is tax-free).