Do you want financial help to complete your education? Then, Eindhoven University of Technology has just the opportunity for you named as the International PhD Positions in Modelling and Multiscale Design of Active Mechanical Metamater. Applications are now open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The objective of this project is a theoretical and computational multiscale design of active mechanical metamaterials for engineering applications.
Nice opportunity for international students to complete their research program with a gross monthly salary.
User Review( votes)
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. It offers a bachelor’s program and four master’s programs and consists of several research groups that focus on long-term, general, system-oriented research.
Why choose to study at the Eindhoven University of Technology? During your PhD studies here in Groningen, they hope that you will take the opportunity to follow the Career Perspectives Series and discover what it is that makes you passionate about research and how you can develop your talents and skills as a researcher towards a successful and fulfilling career after your PhD.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before August 15, 2022.
- University or Organization: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Monthly salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can undertake research programme in Modelling and Multiscale Design of Active Mechanical Metamater at Eindhoven.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- All applicants must have a MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline is preferred, as well as a strong background in computational methods.
- The ideal candidate has excellent scientific skills with a research-oriented attitude, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and is fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students can apply to any research programme of their choice at TU/e through the given application. Applicants that are accepted in their respective discipline will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: You are asked to submit the following documents
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualification for this position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- A brief summary of your MSc thesis, highlighting your main contribution.
- Transcripts of your BSc and MSc degrees (with grades).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must have an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
The Eindhoven University of Technology will provide a good salary package in the following manner:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.