To enable scholars to research agricultural problems and to build relevant professional networks, the Australian Centre for International Agriculture and Research has set up the ACIAR Pacific Agriculture Scholarships and Support and Climate Resilience (PASS-CR) Program for the academic year 2022-2023.
All eligible international students from the selected countries are eligible to apply for a PhD or master by research degree programme offered at The University of the South Pacific and Fiji National University. A tuition fee for the undertaken programme will be awarded for up to 2 o 3 years of study.
Worthy opportunity for students in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research is an Australian Government statutory agency in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade portfolio, reporting to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research contributes to reducing poverty and improving the livelihoods of many in the Indo-Pacific region through more productive and sustainable agriculture emerging from collaborative international research. It can be called the Australian Government’s specialist agricultural research-for-development agency.
Application Deadline: Applications will close at 5 pm FJT, Wednesday, and 19th October 2022.
- University or Organization: Australian Centre for International Agriculture and Research
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, or Vanuatu can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postgraduate programme offered at the University of the South Pacific Laucala, Samoa or Alafua, and Fiji National University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a citizen of and currently reside in Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, or Vanuatu.
- The applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at USP or FNU.
- The applicants must be able to meet government and university-mandated requirements for travel to Fiji for study at FNU or USP Laucala, or Samoa for study at USP Alafua.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply for admission in a PhD programme via the application process of USP or FNU respectively. Then, to obtain more details on the scholarship application, students must contact [email protected] (Mr. Josevata Cava, ACIAR – USP Graduate Officer) and [email protected] (Dr. Archibold Bakare).
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letters of recommendation
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- Other programme-specific and university-specific requirements
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the University of the South Pacific Laucala, Samoa or Alafua, and Fiji National University.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of USP and FNU.
The selected candidates will have their tuition fee paid for up to 24 months for the Master’s programme and up to 3 years for a PhD programme undertaken at USP or FNU.