Take the first step toward your higher education goal with International PhD Positions in Terrestrial Ecology at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
The objective of this fellowship is to assist talented students who want to undertake a PhD degree in Terrestrial Ecology: Abiotic and biotic controls of moss-associated nitrogen fixation in forest ecosystems for the academic year 2021/2022.
Founded in 1479, the University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. It offers impressive facilities such as entry, accommodation, student counselling, social activities, etc., apart from the broadest range of beneficial courses.
What study at the University of Copenhagen? Students will have various ways to learn at this university, from programs taught on campus to part-time online studies. At the highest academic level, it is committed to delivering research-based education.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Department of Biology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: DKK 331,125 including annual supplement
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Terrestrial Ecology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity programme, applicants should hold an MSc degree or equivalent in biology, ecology, microbial ecology, molecular biology, biogeochemistry or a closely related field.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the fellowship, all interested candidates must take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Copenhagen. After getting enrolled, applicants must complete and submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a Cover Letter (1 page) describing your background, personal qualities, research interests and motivation for applying for this position CV (max. 2 pages), Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc), other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), a short abstract of the MSc thesis, and two reference letters.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants will be selected based on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof.
The University of Copenhagen will offer salary minimum DKK 331,125 (approx. €43,750) including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 53,811). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.