The Department of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry is looking for high-potential applicants to apply for the PhD Positionsin µFlow Cell offered by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel for the academic year 2022/2023.
The project will be carried out by a multidisciplinary research team with groups from VUB, UHasselt and KU Leuven. The project will also be advised by 10 Flemish/Belgian companies aiming at applications in the production of pharmaceutical ingredients and vaccines, harvesting of bioparticles in bioreactors, advanced coatings and materials, and removal of microplastics from water.
Nice offer for PhD applicants in the Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The Vrije Universities Brussel is a Dutch and English-speaking research university in Brussels, Belgium. It is highly active and committed to its functioning as a university. It offers courses in a large variety of modern disciplines. It, therefore, issues four types of degrees: bachelor’s, master’s, master after master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Why choose to study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel? VUB makes every effort to create strong partnerships with academic institutes, regional and worldwide organizations, industry, policymakers, and governments. Ranked as one of the world’s top comprehensive universities with a history spanning 180 years, the VUB combines award-winning research and accredited English and Dutch-taught study programs with a high impact on social, economic, and cultural innovation.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 01 September 2022.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Department: Department of Chemical engineering and Industrial Chemistry
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Faculty of Engineering, Department Chemische ingenieurstechnieken en industriële scheikunde.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Knowledge of microfluidics is a plus.
- Familiarity with lab or cleanroom environment is a plus.
- Candidate must be adept at researching professional literature and patents.
- ICT: excellent knowledge of basic software packages Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and machine software is essential. Knowledge of Solidworks or similar CAD program, Matlab, Labview, and PLC is a plus.
- Eager to learn: urge to acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge in a specific field quickly.
- Sense of initiative and flexibility.
- Strong in scientific analysis and reporting.
- Working with high self-imposed standards for quality and accuracy.
- Able to work both autonomously and in a team.
- Strong in multi-tasking.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Willing to occasionally work overtime to meet a specific deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply for admission via the university portal. The application must be submitted online. Please contact Prof. Dr. Ir. Wim De Malsche at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: The students must have a CV, a letter of motivation, and the highest degree they’ve attained.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Master’s degree in the certificate with outstanding academic achievement for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: The students must have excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is essential, and knowledge of Dutch and other languages is a plus.
As well as this, you’ll enjoy various benefits:
- The university will offer a full-time PhD-funding for 12 months (with a maximum total of 4 years) (extendable up to max. Forty-eight months, on condition of the positive evaluation of the PhD activities.
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or compensation if you come by bike;
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance;
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN;
- Excellent facilities for sport and exercise;
- eco vouchers ;
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants;
- An open, family-friendly work environment pays attention to work-life balance and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract).