If you are interested to study liver fibrosis initiation and hepatic stellate cell activation, then you must check out the PhD Scholarships in Liver Cell Biology offered at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel for the academic year 2022-2023 in Belgium.
All international and domestic students who want to enroll in the Doctoral School of Life Sciences and Medicine of VUB are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The applicants must have relevant academic qualifications, and supporting interests will be considered. A full scholarship will be awarded to the selected candidates.
A fine opportunity for applicants in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a Dutch and English-speaking research university located in Brussels, Belgium, with the study field in Humanities, Science and Engineering, Health Technology, and Photonics. It is one of the top public universities in Brussels, Belgium, ranked 251st in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel? The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is linked to the world from within its international capital Brussels and is a competitive, high-quality, socially committed, and internationally-oriented university. The education and research at VUB are grounded in the principles of free research with an eye on human progress.
Application Deadline: Applications received any later than 15th September 2022 will not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Educational Fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Belgium.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the PhD research on liver biology offered at Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must show interest or have lab experience in molecular biology and tissue culture.
- Show interest or experience (single cell) RNAseq analysis using Python or R.
- Be structured and responsible and enthusiastically contribute to an ambitious and interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to apply for admission via the university portal. Applications for this position can be made via this portal.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of recommendation
- Academic transcript
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a diploma or master’s degree in biomedical sciences, biology, biochemistry or bioengineering, or a related biomedical field, with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will award the selected candidates the following benefits:
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or compensation if you come by bike
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN
- Excellent facilities for sports and exercise
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract)