The Sheffield Hallam University is offering up to 30 PhD scholarships across a range of subject areas. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and international students commencing studies in September 2017.
The university is the fourth-largest university in the UK (out of 163) with 33,100 students (of whom 4,400 are the international student), 4,494 staff and 708 courses.
Great offer for candidates.
User Review( votes)
International students must provide evidence that they meet the minimum IELTS requirements appropriate for their field of study.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded across a range of subject areas.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- All applicants should hold a strong undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) and/or a relevant masters qualification (or expectation of the same).
- University scholarships in most disciplines are open to home/EU and international applicants. However, the shortfall between international and Home/EU fees will not be covered by the scholarship and another funding source will have to be identified by international applicants to cover this.
- Part-time scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- GTA scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- While teaching experience is desirable for GTA applicants, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their higher education teaching skills through training, practice and mentoring.
- Candidates who already hold a PhD offer from Sheffield Hallam University (to start in September 2017) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible.
Nationality: The UK and international students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should email their completed postgraduate application form (including a 1500 word proposal) via email. You can complete and submit this form as follows
- Print the form and complete by hand, then submit by post or in person using the details on the application form.
- Download the document and save it to your desktop or personal folders. If you’re using a Mac make sure you open it with Adobe Reader, not Preview. Complete the form by typing into the boxes, then re-save and email the file as an attachment to direct admissions-at-shu.ac.uk
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have an undergraduate degree (2.1 or above).
- English Language Requirement: The TESOL Centre offers a variety of English language courses for students who need more tuition to reach the required standard. The TESOL Centre is also an IELTS Official Test Centre. English Language entry requirements are listed in the entry requirements section of the online prospectus.
Application Deadline: Closed