The Cardiff School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce the International PhD Studentship for talented students in the UK. The studentship will cover the full cost of overseas fees and a £7000 annual contribution to living expenses.
Cardiff University is a public research university in Cardiff, Wales. Founded in 1883 as the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire, it became a founding college of the University of Wales in 1893, and in 1997 received its own degree-awarding powers, although it held them in abeyance.
Wonderful offer for claimants.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject(s): Studentship is awarded in Criminology in the Cardiff School of Social Sciences.
- Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing PhD research program at Cardiff University.
- Scholarship Provider: Cardiff University and Universities’ Police Science Institute
- Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- Residency: This studentship is open to students that are classed as international for the purpose of tuition fee status.
- Academic criteria: Candidates should have an excellent academic background in the social sciences, holding a 1st or upper 2nd class degree and have completed or be currently completing a relevant Masters degree.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students (Non-EU) can apply for this PhD studentship.
What does it cover? This studentship consists of tuition fees at the International rate, as well as a Doctoral Stipend of £7000 p.a. There is additional funding of £1000 available as a contribution towards travel and research costs.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Submit a completed application form for admission to doctoral study in the School of Social Sciences – submitted to the Academic Registry via the online admissions portal. (Please specify the School of Social Sciences – Research Degree – Doctor of Philosophy (Social Sciences) with a start date of January 2015). Submit the following documentation (attached to a single email with the subject International Criminology Studentship 2015) to Parkinva-at-cardiff.ac.uk.
- A letter of application, stating your reasons for wishing to pursue PhD study.
- A short abstract of the proposed PhD study (maximum 500 words)
- A full research proposal for the PhD study (maximum 1500 words, excluding references)
- A CV
- Official transcripts of previous higher education degrees
- Two academic references
- Proof of English Language proficiency (if required)
Application Deadline: Closed