The College of Engineering & Physical Sciences is inviting talented and ambitious students to apply for International PhD Studentships in Highly Integrated Coherent Optical Fibre Communications. This studentship is open for the academic year 2022/2023.
This study programme is available for brilliant students from around the world who want to undertake a PhD degree at Aston University. The positions are available to start in March, July, or October 2022.
A trustworthy offer to get a study fund for PhD study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Aston University is the UK’s premier institution for business and technical professions. It is a public research university. Its purpose is to present innovative research, inspire teaching, and positively influence locally and globally.
Why choose to study at Aston University? Students will develop great academic and research skills at this university. Candidates can use this platform to rise to the top in their fields and secure career opportunities. It offers students with undergraduate, postgraduate, apprenticeship, foundation, and executive programs across disciplines.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 January 2022.
- University or Organization: Aston University
- Department: College of Engineering & Physical Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: the UK and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Highly Integrated Coherent optical fibre Communications
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The successful applicants should have been awarded, or expect to achieve, a Masters degree in a relevant subject with a 60% or higher weighted average, and/or a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent qualification from an overseas institution) in physics, applied physics, or electronic/electrical engineering. Preferred skill requirements include knowledge/experience of optical fibre communications, photonics, and/or mathematical modelling of physical systems, including digital signal processing and machine learning.
- Applicants must be overseas citizens.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can select the programme they wish to apply for and follow its Admission procedure. After that, complete the online application form for this studentship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copies of your grade transcripts
- Please include the supervisor name, project title, and project reference in your Personal Statement.
- The application must be accompanied by a short “research proposal” statement.
- Admission Requirements: The successful applicant should have a first-class or upper second class honors degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area.
- Language Requirement: For applicants who are not from majority English-speaking countries, it is necessary to meet our English language requirements.
Aston University will cover the Home fees rate, plus a maintenance allowance of at least £15,609 (subject to eligibility). Outstanding applicants will qualify for additional support of up to £3,000 per year.