The University of Central Lancashire provides applications from talented students for the PhD (via MPhil) Studentships in the School of Humanities, Language, and Global Studies, in research on Korea. The studentship will be awarded for the academic year 2023-2024.
The motive of the bursary is to support international aspirants who will enroll in the PhD degree program at the School of Humanities, Language, and Global Studies at the university. The studentship provides the 2023/24 academic year: £20,800, including a UK tuition waiver, and the remaining amount as a stipend.
Great chance to become a part of this PhD scholarship program in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Central Lancashire, launched in 1828, is a general institute in England with sources in the Institution for the Distribution of Functional Proficiency. UCLan is a supreme modern University, ranking 801st in QS World University Rankings, and has campuses in Preston, Burnley, Cumbria & Cyprus.
Why choose to study at the University of Central Lancashire? The University of Central Lancashire desires to complete favorable change in the lives of its students, staff, business partners, and wider societies by helping them make the most of their potential by providing excellent higher education, innovation, and research.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Central Lancashire
- Department: School of Humanities, Language and Global Studies
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £20,800
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a PhD degree in the School of Humanities, Language and Global Studies, any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applications are open to students of any nationality, but the scholarship covers the value of UK tuition fees plus a stipend during the 2023/24 and 2024/25 academic years.
- They seek highly motivated individuals with excellent academic grades at the Master’s level and who are committed to original and high-quality research.
- Inter-disciplinary methodologies are particularly welcome.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the grant, students must be admitted to the university’s postgraduate research degree. After that, they will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A research proposal
- Copies of first degree/master’s degree qualification certificates and transcripts with certified translations
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of current visa
- Two academic references
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The University of Central Lancashire will provide the 2023/24 academic year: with £20,800, including a UK tuition waiver, and the remaining amount as a stipend (2023/2034 UK tuition fees TBC) and 2024/25 academic year: £21,300, including UK tuition waive, and remaining amount as stipend (2024/2025 UK tuition fees TBC).