The Nanyang Technical University is providing the International PhD/Postdoctoral funding for Singaporean Students in Singapore. The aim of this funding is to encourage outstanding researchers of Singapore to pursue an academic career in the humanities, arts and social sciences at NTU.
The Nanyang Technological University is a self-governing college in Singapore offering openly subsidized degree programs. NTU is reliably positioned among the world’s best colleges in the majority of the significant school and college rankings and is viewed as one of the main 3 colleges in Asia.
Amazing funding for researchers.
User Review( votes)
Why at Nanyang Technological University? The NTU is cultivating the highest standards of education among their students for achieving preeminence in research and thought leadership.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
- This award is awarded to pursue an academic career in the field of humanities, arts, and social sciences.
- The successful applicant will possess at least a Second Upper-Class Honours Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Communication Studies degree or a Master’s degree from NTU or equivalent qualification.
- Undergraduate candidates in their final year of study may apply and may be given a provisional free education offer. A detailed study plan and interviews by Programme, College, and University panels will form an important part of the selection process.
How to apply
- How to Apply: For being eligible for this fellowship, researchers are bounded to take admission in a PhD program at the university. After taking affirmation, students can complete the application form for the grant. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to consult faculty members/faculty advisors on their research proposals and application dossiers. Do send all applications to:
- Supporting Document: Recipients are advised to submit their latest curriculum vitae, an abstract of any thesis previously written, copies of 2 or 3 pieces of research/design work, a proposal of at least 2 research topics, a copy of the applicant’s NRIC, a copy of each of the detailed results/transcripts, a copy each of the following certificates: GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels / School & Higher School Examinations and University degree, a copy of the letter(s) of the offer from each university applied to for admission to graduate, a copy of the letter(s) of an offer for other education awards and/or awards applied for and the outcome of these applications, and a minimum of 2 confidential referees’ reports, to be sent either in hard copy or through email.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university and must have good scores of GMAT.
- Language Requirement: The International recipient will be required to meet the English language requirements set by the university which usually range between IELTS 6.0 and 7.0.
- Awardees will receive in this package a starting salary of S$3,300, two sets of round-trip economy class tickets, tuition fees, other non-hostel compulsory university fees, overseas maintenance allowance of S$1,500, conference and fieldwork grants of up to S$3,000, medical insurance, miscellaneous allowances of S$5,600.
- Under the HIPS, the successful candidates will be employed as University staff. They will be granted paid leave to pursue a sponsored PhD programme in an approved overseas university.