The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) offers a range of postdoctoral program named International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Analysis of Human Microbiome Data to suit the needs of students from diverse backgrounds. Students can pursue a PhD in Biology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science.
The EMBL provides a stipend for all admitted students, as well as access to world-class facilities and resources. PhD programs at the EMBL are highly competitive, and only the most outstanding students are admitted. However, all admitted students are guaranteed a place of study and comprehensive support throughout their studies.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: November 03, 2022.
- Organization: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Department: N/A
- Course level: Postdoctoral
- Award Amount: Stipend
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Subject: Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science
- Eligible Countries: All countries
- Eligibility: Students can apply for PhD degree offered at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory.
EMBL is a professional, international research organization committed to creating an inclusive and flexible culture. We believe diversity enables us to collaborate more effectively and innovate our approaches. We are therefore dedicated to providing an environment where everyone can realize their full potential and positively contribute to our organization. We encourage applications from individuals who can complement our existing team – they believe that success is built on having teams whose backgrounds and personal experiences reflect the diversity of the populations that our science serves. We actively encourage applications from all genders, cultures, ethnic groups, and demographics to help us avoid perpetuating biases and oversights at this transformational point in our people strategy.
EMBL offers attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organization. These include a competitive salary, social security benefits, financial support for relocation, a relaxed culture, professional development opportunities, and on-site facilities such as a nursery, canteen, and other staff amenities. All of these factors make EMBL a great place to work.
- A PhD degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proven biological background knowledge and bioinformatics skills related to the group’s research
- Experience in data integration, statistical analysis, and visualization, e.g., in Python or R
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills as projects require
- Good communication, interpersonal and English language skills
You might also have
- Experience in working with the Linux command line and compute clusters
- Experimental expertise in microbiology or collecting environmental samples
- Familiarity with processing next-generation sequencing data and performing sequence analysis (such as multiple sequence alignment, phylogenetic analysis, or Hidden Markov Models)
- Competence in processing large microbiome datasets
How to Apply
There are a few different ways that you can apply to EMBL. You can either fill out an online application, submit a paper application, or contact [email protected] for questions or issues with the process. Whichever way you choose to apply, make sure you include all the required documentation so that your application can be processed promptly.