The University of Twente is excited to announce an opening for a postdoctoral candidate on micro-mechanical investigation of roughness transfer in steel strip rolling. Applications for the International Postdoctoral Positions in Micro-Mechanics of Roughness Transfer in Cold Rolling of Steel can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The position can be filled by an individual who has attained a PhD degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering with excellent results and a special interest in modelling manufacturing processes. A proven background with excellent analytical and communication skill will also be basis of selection. The selected candidates will be appointed on a full-time position for 29 months with a maximum gross salary of up to € 4.670 per month.
Wonderful opportunity to get benefited in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Twente, placed in the top 170 universities in the world by multiple central ranking tables, is a public technical university ranked 197th in QS Global World Rankings 2021. The university has a clear mission to ultimately create a people-first university of technology where society is empowered through sustainable solutions.
Why study at the University of Twente? The University of Twente ranks among the top public universities in the Netherlands and offers its students high-quality, internationally oriented master’s studies. With a world-class reputation in many areas including nanotechnology, biomedical technology, information technology, governance studies, sustainable energies and high-tech systems, they stand as pioneers in fusing technology, science and engineering with social sciences to impact the world around
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2022 is the last day to apply.
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: € 4,670
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: International students from Netherlands are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for a postdoctoral position at the Faculty of Engineering Technology at University of Twente.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a proven background in finite element analysis, crystal plasticity and sheet metal forming.
- The applicants must be highly motivated to do interdisciplinary scientific research with a clear industrial application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates can submit their application here. All applications will be given due considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- List of publications and link to your PhD thesis (if possible)
- Contact information of 2 references
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a PhD degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering with excellent results and a special interest in modelling manufacturing processes.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must provide IELTS or TOEFL score, if necessary.
The University of Twente will offer the selected candidates the following benefits:
- A full-time position for 29 months in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment.
- The gross salary is between € 2.960,- and € 4.670,- per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus.
- A lively and green campus with many facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.