The Department of Chemistry at Umea University is on the lookout for a Post doctor position in NMR-based structural biology who in keen on gaining access to an excellent research infrastructure. Applications for this position made for the year 2022-2023 will be actively reviewed.
The position calls for candidates who have attained a doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in the field of chemistry, biophysics, or biochemistry, have previous extensive experience in the expected field, good English knowledge, and other training and/or experience in biochemistry, structural biology and/or biophysical chemistry. The selected candidate can be appointed for up to 2 years with a satisfactory salary dispensed on monthly basis.
A valuable offer to get financial support for postdoctoral study.
User Review( votes)
Umea University is a public research university and is one of Sweden’s largest institutions of higher education, located in Umeain the mid-northern region of Sweden. Nationally ranked 7th, this university is characterised by world-leading research in several scientific fields and a multitude of education ranked highly in international comparison.
Why choose to study at Umea University? Umea University has a cohesive campus environment that makes it easy to meet, collaborate and exchange knowledge. This feature of the university promotes a dynamic and open culture where everyone rejoices in each other’s successes. Democracy, Legality, Objectivity, Transparency, Respect, Efficiency, and Service are the university’s core principles.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022 is the last date to apply.
- University or Organization: Umea University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: Swedish national students and foreign national students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates can apply for the Post doctor position in NMR-based structural biology offered at Umea University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an extensive experience of protein structure determination by solid-state/liquid NMR.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for this postdoctoral position via this page. All eligible candidates will be considered upon application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter including a description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying, and your contact information (maximum 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae, including a publication list
- Copies of your PhD thesis and relevant publications
- Verified copies of degree certificates or equivalent alternative documentation providing information on when a doctoral degree is expected to be obtained, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Name and contact information of at least two reference persons
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed equivalent to a doctoral degree within chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry, or an equivalent subject area.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, and a very good ability to write scientific publications.
Umea University will provide the candidates appointed for the postdoctoral position in NMR-based structural biology a monthly salary for a period of up to 2 years.