Outstanding students are invited to become a part of the International Rector’s Scholarships at the Jagiellonian University. The university is now accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The scholarship aims to motivate students who want to start their undergraduate degree at Jagiellonian University in Poland.
Excellent chance for students in the Poland.
User Review( votes)
The Jagiellonian University is a public research university in Krakow, Poland. It is the oldest university in Poland and the 13th oldest university in continuous operation in the world. The Jagiellonian University is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. It is regarded as the most prestigious academic institution in Poland. The main language of instruction is Polish, although around 30 degrees are offered in English and some in German.
Why study at the Jagiellonian University? The Jagiellonian University graduates students enjoy academic, diplomatic, and business success. They work for institutions such as the World Bank, Poland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of National Defence, the Office of Poland’s president, and for many leading companies in Poland and around the world.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 31 August 2022.
- University or Organization: Jagiellonian University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: PLN 800 per month
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Poland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- It is granted to 1st-year students of the first-or long-cycle studies in the year of the matriculation examination.
- Winners of the international Olympiad or the winners or finalists of the Olympiad of the central degree, are described in the regulations on the educational system.
- Medalist sports competition for the champion of Poland in a sport referred to those provisions regarding the sport.
- All applicants for enrollment in first-cycle and long-cycle studies must have either a Polish high school diploma or another document that entitled them to undertake undergraduate studies in the country in which it was issued.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, candidates have to take admission for an undergraduate degree at the university. All applications will be considered for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be submitted for the entry:
- A personal questionnaire with a photograph;
- Photo for a student ID card and a Personal Questionnaire
- Valid passport
- Apostle or legalized or Higher education diplomas obtained outside of Poland.
- Power of attorney.
- Higher education diploma
- Certificate from a doctor of occupational medicine
- Certified documents translations
- Documents upload upon registration.
- Documents issued in electronic form
- Documents for legalization of stay.
- Health insurance proof
- Admission Requirements: Students must fulfill all requirements for admission at Jagiellonian University.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- Cambridge B2 First (grade C or higher);
- Cambridge C1 Advanced;
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency;
- IELTS Academic (at least 5.5 points);
- TOEFL (minimum iBT: 72 points, ITP: 543 points, CBT: 180 points);
- Degree in English Philology;
- Diploma of studies conducted in English;
- IB baccalaureate diploma;
- EB exam certificate;
- Citizenship of the country where English is the official language;
The scholarship amount is PLN 800 per month (9 months) and paid monthly by wire transfer to the student’s bank account at Jagiellonian University. In further years the scholarship is granted to 10% of the best students, and the ranking is prepared based on the sum of points for an average grade, scientific and artistic achievements, and excellent results in sports.
The special allowance is granted to a student in a difficult life situation. Check the “Entitlements” section above to learn, to who is the special allowance granted.
The events which give a basis to apply for the special allowance are theft, fire, flood, serious illness of the applicant or a family member of the applicant, or death of a family member. The application has to be submitted 3 months from the date of the event.
The maximum amount of the special allowance is approximately PLN 2000. It is paid once by wire transfer to the student’s bank account number.