Maastricht University (UM) is offering the Holland-High Potential funding for the sparkling students in the Netherlands. These opportunities are intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education program at Maastricht University.
The Holland award is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Nice opportunity for all candidates in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing full-time master’s program at Maastricht University.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Number of Awards; 24 full opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020-2021 programme applicants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University.Once you have submitted your application via Studielink. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the application Form
- Step 2: Fill in the application form upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application.
- Curriculum vitae: Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation. Your letter of motivation should be up-to-date and specifically tailored to this application programme.
- Proof of academic excellence: You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:
- Your University transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first-class honours) for your entire study programme
- A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study programme.
- The contact details of one referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details.
- Relationship to applicant: indicate your referee’s connection to you; is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
- Work telephone number of your referee: Be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
- Work or institutional email address of your referee.
- Entrance Requirement: Students are eligible for admission to UCM if they have a Dutch VWO diploma or an international equivalent thereof.
- English Language Requirement: English is the working language in this programme. You must, therefore, demonstrate your proficiency in English. No additional proof of English proficiency is required if you are a native English speaker or if you have obtained or will obtain:
- An International or European Baccalaureate
- A high school diploma in the USA
- GCE A-levels
- A VWO diploma with a minimum overall grade of 7 in English
- Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife with a minimum overall grade of 8 in English
Benefits: The sponsorship will provide 24 fully-funded positions of €29.000 each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2020.