Applications are invited for International Summer School Scholarships at the University of Oslo. These opportunities are available for pursuing bachelor’s and master’s programme.
University aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships, specifically for overseas students.
User Review( votes)
UiO was founded in 1811 as the first university in Norway. UiO is the highest ranked institution of education and research in Norway – and one of the World’s Top 100 universities, according to the Shanghai World Ranking. With five Nobel Prize winners, UiO has a strong track record of pioneering research and scientific discovery.
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the internationally recognised tests (IELTS, TOEFL and Pearson ).
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing bachelor’s and master’s programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Award: Scholarship cover
Recipients from USA and Canada (on-campus students only): all or part of the Basic fee
For all other recipients (both on- and off-campus students)
- The Basic fee: Covers class participation, health insurance, extracurricular activities, and one weekend excursion. The On-campus Basic Fee also covers room and board. Choose either on-campus or off-campus when applying in the Application Portal.
- Additional fees, if applicable: Some courses include an additional fee for excursions or field trips. See our website for a list of prices.
- Reading materials: The ISS Office orders and provides all course textbooks and reading materials for scholarship recipients. Course textbooks and reading materials will be given to recipients after arrival. NOTE: The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own course textbooks/reading materials in advance of the course.
- Oslo transportation card: The ISS Office orders and provides an Oslo transportation card for the duration of the program (43 days). The transportation card will be given to recipients after arrival. NOTE: The ISS does not reimburse recipients if they obtain and pay for their own Oslo transportation card. The ISS does not replace lost cards.
The award can be taken in the Norway
Eligibility: To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic results
- That your academic background is relevant to the course you apply for (see course descriptions for more information)
- That your professional background is relevant to the course you apply for
Nationality: Citizens of Asia, Oceania and Africa; Central America and South America; Caucasus and Balkans; Former Soviet Union states, EU/EEA countries and Switzerland; Nordic countries; USA and Canada are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Academic requirements for Bachelor’s courses: Due to differences in world educational systems, applicants must submit specific documents to show they are eligible for admission. The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) provides the GSU-list which specifies the education (Higher Education Entrance Qualification) you must have to qualify for admission to universities and university colleges in Norway.
English Language Requirement: Applicants who are not native speakers of English must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the internationally recognised tests (IELTS, TOEFL and Pearson).
How to Apply: Register application through UiO’s application portal
- Enter your full legal name, including middle name(s), exactly as it is written in your passport.
- Use one email address to avoid creating multiple user IDs/applications.
- Make sure that you apply for the correct type: Scholarship/Self-financing, on-campus/off-campus.
- You can apply as a self-financed applicant or as a scholarship applicant. If you apply for both your application will be rejected.
- US and Canadian applicants: please apply as “Self-financed”, even if you apply for a scholarship.
Please note! Your application will be considered invalid if you have not uploaded all supporting documents by the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2017.