The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 3 scholarships of £5000 for Malaysian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Great offer for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are available in Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences.
- Award: The Award is for £5000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
- The award can be taken in the UK
Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this application . Students who are applying for government opportunities are still able to apply for our awards but if the student does receive full government award or alternative Award then they are no longer eligible for this application . In order to be eligible, candidates must
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Malaysia domiciled and a Malaysian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the program.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the Award may not be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – MABECS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with MABECS by 2 June 2017
Nationality: Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with MABECS by 2 June 2017. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2017 ( date TBC) in Kuala Lumpur. The financial aid positions will be announced shortly after the interview.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application Deadline: Closed