The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for International Undergraduate Scholarship to higher-achieving students for the year 2020.
Nice program to study at the University of Sheffield in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sheffield was founded in 1897. It accepts its royal charter in 1905 as the successor to the University College of Sheffield. The university was initially formed by the merger of three colleges.
Why at Sheffield University? The University helps applicants to find opportunities to work with their study also helps applicant if there is any health issue or any other issue. The university provides the best placements for their best applicant.
Application Deadline: 15 June 2020
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate program
- Award: 10% of tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- Program can be taken in the UK
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries (non-EU) around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The program is for undergraduate program is available for any course except for medicine and dentistry.
- Eligibility Criteria: To apply for the award, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria-
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree at the University of Sheffield in September 2020. All undergraduate degree courses are included except for Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- You must choose the University of Sheffield as your firm or insurance choice before 16:00 (UK time) on 15 June 2020.
- The sponsorship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the support will be guaranteed in the first year of study.
The grant is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The grant is not applicable to any compulsory or optional years in the industry, work placements or year abroad.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in year 1. If you are entering in year 2, you would be eligible for this application , providing you are not receiving a scholarship/award as part of a collaborative programme with your home institution.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships. In the event that you are selected for any of the below scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence:
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2020
- International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2020
- GEMS International Merit Scholarship 2020
- NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
- NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2020
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with any available positions from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any opportunities are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The sponsorship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The bursaries are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the equivalent value of the program split pro-rata over the duration of a single full-time academic year.
- This scholarship is not available to students on the BA Business Management Joint Programme with SBC (course code MGTU36).
- For scholarship purposes, all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for this or any undergraduate financial aid.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To register for the program, the applicant must take admission in Undergraduate degree program at the university. After taking admission, applicants will automatically consider applying for the award.
- Supporting Documents: To apply for the program, applicants have to submit a statement as the reason for their applying along with a personal CV.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, the applicant must submit Xerox of their previous study level.
- Language Requirement: Applicant has to show their English language aptitude by IELT or TOEFL test if English is not their first language.
The grant is worth £2,000 per year for courses in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences and £2,500 per year for courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Faculty of Science.