The National Chapter of Canada IODE initiated War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships in 1918 to commemorate Canadians who sacrificed their lives for peace and freedom. Up to three scholarships of $20,000 each will be offered for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Initially, bursaries were granted to children of men and women who lost their lives or who were permanently disabled while fighting for Canada.
User Review( votes)
Since the first scholarships were awarded in 1921, IODE War Memorial Scholars have made important contributions to Canada and the world in medicine, science, business, politics and academia.
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $21 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue a doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: Up to three scholarships of $20,000 each will be offered for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Number of Awards: Up to three financial aid positions will be offered for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Nationality: Canadian Students can apply for these endowments
- The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the program:
- Eligible Countries: Canadian Students can apply for these endowments
- Entrance Requirements:
- Be a Canadian Citizen
- Hold a first degree from a Canadian university
- Be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctoral program
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply to IODE directly. Important dates for the 2019-2020 competition:
- Letter of Intent to Apply must be received by IODE Canada on or before 1 October 2018
- Complete Application must be received by IODE Canada on or before 15 November 2018
Please submit all correspondence and supporting documents on or before the specified deadline dates to the IODE War Memorial Officer.
- By regular mail at IODE Canada, 40 Orchard View Blvd. Suite 219, Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
The applicant’s name must appear on all pages submitted in hard copy by mail and in the subject line of all email messages.