The University of Malaya (UM) is offering free online course on Islamic Calligraphy: An Introduction to Art of Handwriting. This course is for anyone who love history, interested in the art or handwriting. You don‡t need any previous experience.
The overall objective of this course is to understand the basics of Islamic and Arabic calligraphy and develop your calligraphy skills. The course will start on August 14, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Islamic Calligraphy
Institution: University of Malaya (UM) and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on August 14, 2017
The University of Malaya (UM) is the oldest national university in Malaysia. It is ranked 27th in the QS Asia Ranking and 133rd in the QS World Ranking in 2016.
About This Course
Islamic calligraphy has long been admired for its beautiful form and line work. As an art form it actually includes various other types of calligraphy including Persian, Ottoman and Arabic.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
On this course you‡ll learn and practice basic lettering by completing a series of basic writing exercises. You will also learn about the writing tools used in Islamic calligraphy. By practicing and exploring the history of Islamic calligraphy you will develop a greater understanding and appreciation for this striking art form.
This course is for anyone who love history, interested in the art or handwriting. You don‡t need any previous experience.
Nur Yuhanis Mohd Nasir
Academician at the Department of Malay Socio-culture/ Malay Arts, University of Malaya, specialization in Multimedia and Animation Studies.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).