Applications are invited for Islamic Development Bank Young Professionals Program within Human Resources Management Department in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Applicants must be the citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted.
The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
The Islamic Development Bank is an international financial institution established in pursuance of the Declaration of Intent issued by the Conference of Finance Ministers of Muslim Countries held in Jeddah in Dhul Q’adah 1393H, corresponding to December 1973.
Course Level: This is a young professional program. The program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
Study Subject: This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Scholarship Award: Young Professionals shall be provided with continual support through coaching and guidance from the department they are rotated to. HRMD shall provide career and counselling support to help them in their career aspirations.
The YPP provides intensive training opportunities, a unique on-the-job training at the hand of international experts and continuous development. The YPP envisions a “total development” concept. It anchors on the 4Ts Development Model¹ encompassing the following:
- Rotational Training with On-the-Job experience
- YPP Training Curriculum
- Leadership Development Program (LeadDP)
- Sharing & Engagements with Senior Management
- Shadowing Senior Professionals
- Support for Professional Certifications
- Mission Learning experience
- Working in Teams, Committees, Task Force etc
- Training, Transfer, Teamwork & Travel
Remunerations & Benefits
- Basic Salary: Internationally competitive tax-free salary based on education and experience of the YPs
- COLA: Cost of living allowance as per the management’s decision
- Transportation Allowance: Lump sum monthly payment besides basic salary
- Spouse Allowance: 5% of basic salary if the spouse is not working.
- Housing Allowance: To a certain maximum limit
- Children Education Allowance: 75% of the actual costs of education to a prescribed limit
- Air Tickets: Granted for home leave
- Dependency Allowance: A maximum of 5 dependents
- Medical Coverage: Medical treatment for staff members and their dependents
- Leave: 24 working days leave for new staff members during one year in addition to 10 days casual leave to attend emergencies. YPs are only allowed to consume a maximum of 10 days annual leave once in each rotation
- Staff Retirement Plan: Co-contribution
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Medical Treatment Fund for Retirees: The IDB offers staff members the opportunity to participate in a medical treatment fund for retirement on a cost-sharing basis
- Relocation Travel
- Installation Allowance
- Relocation Shipment
- Car Financing
The above benefits are subject to the prevailing rules & regulations of the Bank.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Prospective candidates for the YPP must fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence
- Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on the education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of interviews. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favourably
- Applicants in the following categories shall be considered as Priority candidates subject to their meeting entry requirements:
- Professionals with experience in a field directly related to the IDB Group’s activities particularly experience working in global organizations
- Under-represented nationalities from IDB member countries
- Master’s degree or its equivalent or PhD
- Good command of Arabic or either English or French provided he/she is able to work in English
Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted.
Saudi Arabia, Libya, Iran, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Egypt, Kuwait, Turkey, Algeria, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Yemen, Morocco, Sudan, Jordan, Senegal, Oman, Iraq, Brunei, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Niger, Gabon, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Mali, Guinea, Tunisia, Lebanon, Mauritania, Bahrain, Mozambique, Maldives, Kyrghyz, Gambia, Uganda, Benin, Palestine, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Sierra Leone, Uzbekistan, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Afghanistan, Chad, Albania, Suriname, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Somalia, Turkmenistan, Guyana.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Good command of Arabic or either English or French provided he/she is able to work in English.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is February 28, 2017.