The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) is offering fully-funded positions for international students. These opportunities are open to all nationalities for pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, more commonly known by its acronym, ISRA, has been established to promote applied research in the area of Shari’ah and Islamic finance.
Nice offer for international students to pursue a master study in Malaysia.
User Review( votes)
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance.
Award: financial aid positions will cover the followings:
- Academic tuition fees – excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Book allowance
- Equipment allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis/end of study allowance
Number of Awards: Not given
The award can be taken in Malaysia
Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to all nationalities.
- Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or it’s equivalent);
- Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing master or doctoral studies in Shari’ah, Islamic finance or it’s equivalent in a full-time mode;
- Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
- Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
- Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other Award or financial assistance.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application form;
- A copy of the letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
- A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts – Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
- A photocopy of personal identification/passport;
- Two letters of recommendation from referees;
- A copy of the thesis proposal – applicable for the programme by researcher coursework & research.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.