The Government of India is delighted to offer Indian Technical and Economic (ITEC) Programme for 2017-2018 academic year. Citizens of all ITEC countries are eligible to apply for this program.
These programs promote the experience, expertise, and resources of the host countries and offer a means by which essential skills and knowledge can be shared with, and benefit, the wider Commonwealth family.
The decision regarding setting up the ITEC program was predicated on the underlying belief that “it was necessary to establish relations of mutual concern and inter-dependence based not only on commonly held ideals and aspirations but also on solid economic foundations.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for short term training programme.
Study Subject: Training is related to areas of national comparative advantage and delivered using resources based in the host country. There are 47 premier institutions conducting 280 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses across seven broad categories:
- Accounts, Audit, Banking, and Finance
- IT, Telecommunications and English
- SME and Rural Development
- Specialized courses
- Technical courses
- Environment and Renewable Energy.
Scholarship Award: Participants will be provided with the following allowances and facilities:
- Excursion/ economy class air tickets for travel from the capital city of the participant’s country to the training Institute in India and back;
- Gratis Indian Visa for the duration of the Course;
- Course fees – borne by Government of India;
- Accommodation provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute. Participants are required to pay for services availed by them such as (a) Room Service, (b) Laundry, (c) Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.;
- Living Allowance @ Rs. 25,000/ – per month and the on pro-rata basis for a part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc. The allowance is calculated from the date of arrival till the date of departure;
- Disbursement of the Living Allowance will be made by the Institute on a weekly/fortnightly basis (as decided by the Institute); the participants are supposed to pay for their meal out of this allowance. In case the Institute makes arrangement for the food, a portion of the allowance will be deducted by the Institute in advance and the rest will be paid to the participants. Participants may wish to bring some extra money for shopping and other dietary needs;
- Book allowance of Rs. 5000/- for purchase of Course-related books and purchase receipts need to be submitted for reimbursement;
- Study Tour(s) as part of the Course Curriculum to familiarize with Indian culture and history (which is mandatory);
- The medical facility is for ailments of immediate and emergency nature occurring in India. No medical reimbursement allowed for ailments of chronic nature. Participants must carry their own medicine for regular and chronic ailments like diabetes, hypertension etc. For regular/chronic ailments, all consultation charges of doctor, medicines etc. would be borne by participants.
- If any special assistance is required by a participant during his/her stay in India, that should be intimated to Mission as well as to the concerned Institute prior to departure for India. It is advised that participants check with the Institute about the availability of facility required by him/ her.
Number of Awards: The Government of India has allocated 30 places for participants from Commonwealth member countries.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- To be eligible, applicants should be a member of/employee/official in government, semi-government, public/private sector, university/school, chamber of commerce and industry, or a non-governmental organization.
- Please note that individual deadlines and eligibility criteria apply to each course on the Programme. As there are limited availability applications should be submitted as early as possible in order to avoid disappointment, leaving a minimum of three months prior to the start date of your chosen training course.
Nationality: Citizens of all ITEC countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde Island, Cayman Island, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Commonwealth of Dominica, Comoros, Congo, Cooks Island, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El-Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea(DPRK), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco 91. Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Republic of Sao Tome, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Solomon Island, Somalia, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, South Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tabago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen) and SCAAP countries Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants should be a member of/employee/official in: government, semi-government, public/private sector, university/school, chamber of commerce and industry, or a non-governmental organization.
English Language Requirements: Applicants have to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
How to Apply: To apply, please complete and submit a hard copy of the online application form and the items below, to the Commonwealth Secretariat:
- Medical Certificate
- Evidence of proficiency in English
- Letter of endorsement from nominating ministry/department/agency.
Application Deadline: Deadline varies according to the course.