The Indian Government is pleased to offer the Indian Technical and Economic (ITEC) Program for the 2017-2018 academic year. Citizens of all ITEC countries are eligible to apply for this program.
These programs promote the experience, expertise, and resources of the host countries and provide a means by which necessary skills and knowledge can be shared, and the broader Commonwealth family can benefit.
Exceptional opportunity for Citizens of ITEC Countries.
User Review( votes)
The decision on the establishment of the ITEC program was predicated on the underlying belief that “it was necessary not only on the generally held ideas and aspirations but also for establishing the relationship of mutual concern and inter-dependence based on the solid economic foundation.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Citizens of all ITEC countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde Island, Cayman Island, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Commonwealth of Dominica, Comoros, Congo, Cooks Island, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El-Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea(DPRK), Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco 91. Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Republic of Sao Tome, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Solomon Island, Somalia, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, South Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tabago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen) and SCAAP countries Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these programs.
- Training is related to areas of national comparative advantage and delivered using resources based in the host country. There are 47 premier institutions conducting 280 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses across seven broad categories:
- Accounts, Audit, Banking, and Finance
- IT, Telecommunications and English
- SME and Rural Development
- Specialized courses
- Technical courses
- Environment and Renewable Energy.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible:
- To be eligible, applicants should be a member of/employee/official in government, semi-government, public/private sector, university/school, chamber of commerce and industry, or a non-governmental organization.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, please complete and submit a hard copy of the online application form and the items below, to the Commonwealth Secretariat Medical Certificate, Evidence of proficiency in English, Letter of endorsement from nominating ministry/department/agency.
- Admission Requirements: There are no admission requirements to apply for the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants have to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- Participants will be provided with the following allowances and facilities accommodation provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute. Participants are required to pay for services availed by them such as (a) Room Service, (b) Laundry, (c) Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.;
- Living Allowance @ Rs. 25,000/ – per month and the on pro-rata basis for a part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, Book allowance of Rs. 5000/- for purchase of Course-related books and purchase receipts need to be submitted for reimbursement; etc.