Are you ready to take your education to the next level? Apply for the PhD Research Assistantship, at The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI).
Helpful offer to get a financial opportunity for PhD study at IUPUI in the US.
User Review( votes)
Indiana University–Purdue University at Indianapolis offers over 250 graduate and professional degrees through its 17 schools. IUPUI is #1 urban research university in Indiana, and there 81% of degree-seeking undergraduates get financial aid.
Why at the IU and Purdue? IUPUI provides research, teaching, global & community engagement, and scholarships to students that help to boost their career. Graduate students at IUPUI have multiple opportunity options such as job, internship, research, community engagement, etc.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- University or Organization: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Department: School of Science Department of Earth Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will award for PhD study in Applied Earth Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be master students who intend to work full-time toward the PhD.
- Prospective students should have a B.S. or M.S. degree, and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is expected. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test is required.
How to Apply
The position is available starting July 2020, but an earlier start date is possible.
- How to Apply: Aspirants are required to complete the IUPUI Online Application.
- Supporting Documents: Each student must submit three letters of recommendation. Scores from the TOEFL exam should be provided with the application for admission. Transcripts and Financial statement also required to contend with other documents at IUPUI Department of Earth Sciences Attn: Graduate Application, 723 West Michigan Street, SL 118, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3275
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must hold a Master degree in agronomy, forestry, hydrology, environmental sciences or related disciplines.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills. Individuals whose English is a second language must demonstrate proficiency in English.
- The student will work on a multi-institutional project funded by the Sloan Foundation to investigate climate-smart farming systems conducive to net-zero emission.
- The student will be involved in field experiments, greenhouse gas analysis and reporting, and data synthesis.