The Faculty of Science is pleased to announce the prestigious York Science Scholars Award program at the York University for the academic year 2020/21 in Canada.
This education fund is open to all students, Canadian and International, who want to enroll to the York University Faculty of Science programs for full-time study starting in fall 2020.
Admirable opportunity for Canadian and international students.
User Review( votes)
The York University third-largest research university consists of over 300 courses per year in a diverse range of subjects. It has 28 research centres and 11 faculties and offers a broad spectrum of degree options for students.
Why at York University? By taking admission at the university, students will have various opportunities that will encourage you to grow and succeed. They will benefit from outstanding teaching and learning outcomes.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2020
- University: York University’s Faculty of Science
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Canadian and International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to worldwide students.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research will be awarded in Faculty of Science
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Many high school applicants are admitted and offered entrance scholarships based on mid-year or “in-progress” results when their admission average is at or above 80%. All Entrance aid amounts and eligibility are confirmed/finalized based on final grades.
- Passion for science.
- Community service experiences and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated involvement in activities beyond academics.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The most convenient and encourage a method of submission is digital. You can fill out the application form through our online portal or if you are submitting your application through hard copy, you can complete the form on your computer and then print it. After that, they can send by using an online form or by post:
Faculty of Science, York University
352 Lumbers Building, 4700 Keele St
- Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
- Supporting Documents: Write your personal statements, at least two references, prepare your resume must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have competitive scores are: (YELT: band 1, TOEFL: iBT 100, IELTS: 7.5)
York Science Scholars will receive a $10,000 entrance scholarship which will be awarded in two parts:(The first as an entrance scholarship and the second part once the experiential component is successfully completed):
- The first $5,000 will be awarded upon full-time enrolment to York University’s Faculty of Science.
- The second part is linked to the 12-week experiential component of the YSSA program (research placement or mentorship experience), overseen by a Faculty of Science professor during the summer following the recipient’s first year of study. Recipients must achieve a B+ average during the first year of study in order to be eligible for the experiential component. The receipt of the second $5,000 part of The grant is contingent upon successful completion of the experiential component and upon enrolment in the following term of study.