Applications are invited for IVADO funding program for excellence scholarships to pursue graduate programme (master and doctoral). This is Canada’s first research excellence fund.
The goal of the excellence program is to support promising students in their training as future highly qualified personnel (researchers, professors, professionals) and more generally, future actors in the field of data science, mainly in IVADO members’ areas of excellence: operations research, machine learning, decision sciences.
User Review( votes)
The IVADO aims to bring together industry professionals and academic researchers to develop cutting-edge expertise in data science, operational research, and artificial intelligence. IVADO members provide data management methods and inform decision making for optimal resource use. In essence, the IVADO creates opportunities for knowledge exchange and collaborations between the specialists, partners, researchers, and students in its network.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue graduate programme (Master and Doctoral).
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of data science, mainly in IVADO members’ areas of excellence: operations research, machine learning, and decision sciences.
Award: available positions include:
- For Master students: 4 scholarships at 20k$ per year (including social benefits/taxes), for a maximum of six sessions or two years
- For Doctoral students: 6 scholarships at 25k$ per year (including social benefits/taxes), for a maximum of 12 sessions or four years
Funding will be renewed every year upon request from the supervisor(s):
- Until a maximum of six sessions for Master students, 12 sessions for Doctoral students.
- Until the diploma has been granted.
Students are allowed to reapply to the program at the end of their funding.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
For the students:
- MSc and PhD students enrolled or planning to enrol in a program at HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal, Université de Montréal, McGill University or the University of Alberta.
- Must have a first-class minimum average grade (3.7/4.3 or 3.5/4.00) over the previous years of study.
For the professor submitting the application (main supervisor)
- Must be a professor from one of the institutions of Campus Montréal: HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal or Université de Montréal.
- Professors from the University of Alberta and University McGill can also be supervisors, provided that they are also members of one of IVADO’s research groups (MILA, CIRRELT, GERAD or CERC data science).
The student can be co-supervised, and there are no eligibility constraints on the co-supervisor.
For the activities planned for the duration of the program:
- Activities must be aligned with the goals of IVADO and Apogée/CFREF.
Nationality: Canadian applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
How to Apply: The elements of the application are:
- CV of the candidate
- CV of the supervisor(s)
- A maximum of three support letters (there is no minimum)
- Grade transcript of previous sessions
The application must be sent via e-mail CCed to the supervisor and the candidate, preferably as a single pdf file.
Application Deadline: application deadline is December 15, 2017.