Students from all over the world are invited to apply for the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship. This award is funded by the University of Alberta in Canada.
Golden chance for international students to study in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1908, the University of Alberta offers a range of academic and professional programs and post-secondary education in about 388 undergraduate and 500 graduate programs.
Why at the University of Alberta? The university provides a hands-on teaching environment for their students. Here, candidates will gain practical knowledge about their field of interest.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- University: University of Alberta
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral program
- Award: Up to $45,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: International and domestic students can apply for this application.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have completed at least one year of graduate work (master’s or doctoral level) before the start of tenure, tenure may begin on May 1st or September 1st.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, you must apply to admission in a doctoral program at the university. After being registered, you have to fill the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to upload two letters of reference, post-secondary official transcripts. All post-secondary transcripts are required and must be complete and up-to-date i.e. show all coursework and grades, and conferral of any degrees and all transcripts, other than University of Alberta transcripts, must be official.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an admission average of 80% or higher on coursework.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The university provides financial support for the students. The award is valued at up to $45,000 a year for 2 years (subject to renewal in year two of the award), plus any applicable International Graduate Differential Fee. Recipients will also receive a certificate acknowledging their award.