James Cook University is thrilled to announce the Peter Crossman Scholarship for the undergraduate first-year commencing students who wish to achieve an educational goal in Australia.
The objective of the program is to provide an opportunity for students of various backgrounds to reside at John Flynn College who may not have the ability to pay full college fees.
Well-opportunity to get a degree with James Cook University in Australia.
User Review( votes)
As a world-class university, James Cook University is ranking in the top two percent of tertiary institutions in the world. JCU is the second oldest university in Queensland and provides an excellent education.
Why at James Cook University? JCU is a teaching and research institution. It delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to international students. JCU evolves graduates who have the knowledge, skills, and experience to obtain and thrive in a global workforce.
Application Deadline: 5 January 2022
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate bachelor or diploma course
- Award: $7,420 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Australian or New Zealand citizen
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted only from Australian or New Zealand citizens or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any undergraduate course
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the Peter Crossman Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled full time (at least 9 credit points per semester) at James Cook University in their first year of enrolment in an undergraduate bachelor or diploma course as at the census date for study period 1 and 2
- Have not previously completed a bachelor degree
- Demonstrate that their home is so far from James Cook University Townsville that daily travel for the full-time internal study is impracticable
- Demonstrate academic excellence in their previous studies
- Demonstrate educational, social and/or financial disadvantage
- Demonstrate contribution to the wider community, through activities such as community service and participation in academics, arts, music, culture or sports; and
- Demonstrate their ability to uphold the values of the College.
- Recipients must demonstrate academic excellence in their studies and a commitment to the wider community.
- Recipients are eligible to apply for the same scholarship in years two and three of their college residency.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must download an application form and submit the required documents by email at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit with the official form, where appropriate:
- A personal statement of no more than two pages addressing the eligibility criteria.
- A copy of their birth certificate, passport, or permanent visa.
- A character reference from a person other than a family member, demonstrating the applicant’s contribution to the wider community and their ability to uphold the values of the College.
- Any other supporting documentation that would assist the Selection Committee in assessing the merit of the application.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to meet the entry requirements in order to study at JCU.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English you are required to meet a standard of English language proficiency.
The university will provide $7420 paid in two equal installments after the Census date of Study Period 1 and Study Period 2. Payment will be made by crediting your John Flynn College account.