Applicants must be a national of and resident in Malawi starting the first year of the degree programme in September 2020. The grant is worth US$3,500 per year, to cover tuition fees and provide a modest living allowance.
A fine chance to get benefited for study.
User Review( votes)
The aim of this programme is to support teachers and educational leaders in Malawi to pursue studies in education. Canon Collins Trust administers the James Learmonth Scholarships.
Study Subject (s): The studentships are awarded in the field of Education (Policy, Planning and Leadership) at Chancellor College, Malawi.
Course Level: The studentships are available to support first or second-year students to study for a masters program at Chancellor College, Malawi.
Scholarship Provider: Canon Collins Trust
The award can be taken at Malawi
Applicants must be:
- accepted to study or already studying for the MA in Education (Policy, Planning and Leadership) at Chancellor College, University of Malawi.
- a national of and resident in Malawi.
- in possession of a good undergraduate degree.
- Open for International Students: Students of Malawi can apply for these masters programmes.
Description: James Learmonth was an influential educational practitioner in the UK who believed strongly that education was the key to greater inclusion, social stability and international co-operation. He also believed that teachers and educational leaders can only be effective if they continue learning. When James died of cancer in 2003, his wife, family and numerous colleagues and friends decided to establish the James Learmonth programme in his memory.
What does it cover?
- Canon Collins Trust offers two scholarships for the Masters in Education
at Chancellor College.
- The grant is worth US$3,500 per year, to cover tuition fees and provide a modest living allowance.
- Number of awards: 2 masters financial aid positions will be offered.
- Duration of award(s): These masters financial aid positions will be offered for the first or second year.
- Selection Criteria: The financial aid positions will be awarded on Academic Record and References, Work Experience, Relevance, Leadership Competencies and Commitment to Country/Community.
How to Apply:
Full application form
Academic transcripts (from university only)
Degree certificate (s)
Reference letters from two referees
A copy of your two latest payslips, if applicable
Official ID document
Application Deadline: 11 March 2020