Put your research skills into practice and gain new ones by applying for Jane Coffin’s Childs Memorial Funding for Medical Research Fellowship. The programme is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The motive of the bursary is to provide financial assistance for international students commencing in the doctoral degree programme.
Why should you apply for this programme? They have labs where the fellows conduct their projects have made major scientific contributions in areas such as the advancement of understanding the human genome, and the application of genetic approaches to understanding pathway regulation, and stem cell activation.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Up to $56,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: USA and non-USA
- The award can be taken in anywhere
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research degree in medicine
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Postdoctoral applicants should have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting applications (February 1).
- degree must not have been conferred more than 18 months prior to the deadline
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, aspirants have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Three references a letter from the Sponsor is required
- A suitably documented outline of the research problem proposed, and
- The written consent of the Chair of the Department and a responsible fiscal officer of the host institution indicating their willingness to accept and provide necessary facilities for the Fellow (Signature form).
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
- The basic stipend is $52,000 for the first year, $54,000 for the second year, and $56,000 the third year, with an additional $1000 for each dependent child. There is no dependency allowance for a spouse.
- An allowance of $2,000 a year toward the cost of the research will be made available to the laboratory sponsoring the fellow. The research allowance is not to be used for travel.
- The Fellow will have access to $1,800 for travel to scientific meetings, please look at the travel policy. In addition to the travel allowance, the Fund provides a travel award for the Fellow and their family to travel to the sponsoring laboratory.