To support a student financially so they can participate in a Summer Vacation Chemical Engineering Project, the University of Newcastle has established Jane Height Memorial Research Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is funded by Dr. Trevor Height in honour of Jane Height, who had all of her three children pass out form the University of Newcastle. Students enrolled in a chemical engineering degree programme with a minimum 5.0 GPA are eligible to apply and will be considered. The scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year of study.
Nice offer for talented international students to get financial support for PhD study.
User Review( votes)
The University of Newcastle also known more in a more renowned light as Newcastle University, currently ranking in Times Higher Education (THE) Rankings between 251-300, is an Australian public university. It aims to deliver an exceptional student experience.
Why choose to study at the University of Newcastle? The University of Newcastle makes sure that its students are given an opportunity to learn from passionate and talented teaching staff that have strong industry connections and experience. It has designed world-class programs, inspiring and collaborative learning environments, and opportunities to put theory into practice with real-world experiences.
Application Deadline: 24th July, 2022 is the last date to apply.
- University or Organization: The University of Newcastle
- Department: College of Engineering Science and Environment
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All international and Australian national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for a Chemical Engineering Degree programme at the University of Newcastle.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in a Chemical Engineering Degree with the University of Newcastle.
- The applicants must be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying international students.
- The applicants must be willing to participate in the Chemical Engineering Research Project.
- The applicants must have a minimum 5.0 GPA or higher.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply for admission via the Application portal of the university. All eligible students will be considered accordingly.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement
- Outline of interest in the scholarship research area
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language proficiency requirements of the university.
The successfully selected candidates will be provided a total scholarship benefit of $5,000 paid as a lump sum after Semester 2 towards the undertaken programme.