The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development is a competitive research grant program under the umbrella of the Global Development Awards Competition (GDAC). The program is an innovative award scheme administered by GDN, and generously supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan.
The program is funded under the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD) trust fund and managed by the World Bank. The fellowship program is one of the largest international competitions for research on development practitioners from non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) or Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) headquartered in low- or middle-income countries.
Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development at Global Development Network, New Delhi
Nice offer for research on development practitioners to achieve the Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development at Global Development Network, New Delhi
User Review( votes)
The emphasis is on supporting promising young talent in the field of development research, and rewarding innovative development projects capable of significantly impacting the local communities in the developing world.
Global Development Network (GDN) is a public international organization that promotes better policies and better lives through high-quality; policy-oriented social science research conducted in developing and transition countries. It provides researchers with financial resources, global networking, and research management support, access to information, training, peer review, and mentoring. Founded in 1999, GDN is currently headquartered in New Delhi.
Application Deadline: 14 November 2022
Brie f Description
- University or Organization: Global Development Network
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research grant program
- Award: US$ 60,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 3
- Nationality: Low- or middle-income countries
- The award can be taken in New Delhi.
- Eligible Countries: All low- or middle-income countries are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in a competitive research grant program offered by the Global Development Network.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Past ORD winners and finalists are not eligible to apply with the same or similar research Proposal.
- Additionally, winners are not eligible to apply for a period of three years Subsequent to the end of their agreement with GDN.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can open the Global Development Network’s (GDN) applicant and grantee portals. After registering and logging in, candidates will be able to see all of the open funding opportunities available.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be presented by the students:
- Degree certificate, Official academic transcripts, a CV, and A scan of the photo page of your passport.
- They do not accept hard copies of applications or those sent through the post.
- Each applicant may be involved only with one proposal.
- Admission Requirements: To be entered into Global Development Network’s (GDN) award, applicants must meet the program‡s academic entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have excellent proficiency in the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The Global Development Network will provide all the following:
- The three winning projects will receive grants worth US$ 60,000.
- The first prize winner will receive a grant of US$ 30,000.
- The second-prize and third-prize winners will receive a grant of US$ 20,000 and US$ 10,000 respectively.
- The funds will be used to support the research work proposed by the winners toward completing their research.
- Additionally, awardees will be paired with world-class academics in their area of work that will play the role of Scientific and Technical Advisors.