The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology is eagerly awaiting applications from Australian students for its MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship in Japan.
Wonderful opportunity for Australian students to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology is the member of the Cabinet of Japan and it is also known as MEXT. It provides the Children Living Abroad and Returnees Internet.
The Japanese government’s Monbukagakusho Scholarship aims to foster Austrian students’ friendly relations to Japan with the aim of building bridges between the two countries, and with the long-term wish that participants can contribute to the well-being of the wider world.
Application Deadline: July 8, 2020
- University: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Awards: Full tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Australian Students
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and Humanities or Natural Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must possess Australian citizenship and be born on or after April 2, 1996. Applicants must have completed 12 years of education or graduated from the equivalent of a Japanese Senior High School (ie. finished Year 12) by March or August 2021.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for an undergraduate degree program at any Japanese university. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to upload all the required documents such as CV, visa requirement, previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must hold high school certificates from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- All tuition fees
- Return airfares and
- A monthly allowance of 117,000 Yen (amount subject to change)